Subject: Re: [Leica] Jammed M3
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 98 23:48:46 +0100

>Hi Claes,
>
>This sounds like your M3 is in need of CLA. The film advance will appear
>jammed (it does not function) until the shutter has completed its
>cycle.  In your case you 'helped' the cycle along but I fear it will
>happen again.
>
>Dennis

Dennis,

You might be very right about the need of a CLA! And if this jamming =
problem occurs again I will certainly hand it in for a complete =
overhaul. However, I still haven=B4t had any problems with the =
various shutter speeds. The exposure always seems to be all right. =
Isn=B4t too slow shutter speeds usually the first sign of an overhaul =
need?

Claes

Steven wrote:

>so glad it worked - be careful with making sure shutter mechanism has
>completed cycle (slower speeds) before advancing - should help too

Once again thank you very much, Steven! And your theory that the =
jamming might have been caused by not allowing the completion of the =
cycle before advancing might very well be true. And now I want to =
confess that it wasn=B4t really myself who played with the camera =
when it jammed! It was my young son-in-law, Daniel, who had no =
previous experience of Leica cameras. But it was me who actually =
encouraged him to listen to the unique Leica sound with different =
shutter speeds. He probably set it for a whole second and didn=B4t =
wait long enough until he tried to advance. But no harm done since =
you helped me out this time, Dennis.

Claes