Subject: Re: [Leica] focus at infinity (pt.2)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:27:25 -0400

At 12:36 PM 15-04-98 +0200, Thib wrote:
>Hello luggers,

[snip]

>So it should not be a body problem since other lenses focus ok at infinity.
>I've had that problem once with a M4 which had a rangefinder problem, but
>that time, it was not slightly off focus it was frankly off focus, you could
>distincly see two images and it happenend with any lens.

My various lenses for my two M6s (inclusing my new HM) all show differing
deviation from perfect infinity focus, in the rangefinder.  All of the
lenses seem to provide perfect focus (in my photographs), so I am not sure
if the deviation is actually meaningfull.  In your case, when you say
"frankly off focus", do you mean your photographs are out of focus as well?

Dan C.