Subject: [Leica] Gitzo "Safari" FS
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 00:36:27 -0600

Maybe a perfect match for those olive green R3 Safari cameras?

Selling my Gitzo "Safari" tripod. 200-series, similar to current #220
Performance. 3-section legs, 2-piece center column, folds to approx 21".
Goes extra-low, rises to approx 4' 9" max. See www.bhphotovideo.com for
specs, pricing, of current, non-Safari models.

Very attractive olive-green finish! Leg sections and center column are
anodized a deep metallic green with black accents. Main casting is painted.

Leg sections are reversed, for best performance when things get mucky. This,
and the unique finish are no longer available from the "new" Gitzo.

5 years old; I am the original owner. Solid 8.0 condition--minor paint
chipping, definitely used, but very pretty and not ABused. Minor
modification: Plastic covering was removed from platform-I felt it worked
better that way, but modification can be undone simply by replacing the
platform.

$175. No tripod head is included. Purchase of Gitzo 1228 Mountaineer prompts
sale.