Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Gripe
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 15:32:22 -0400

At 12:50 PM 4/25/98 +0000, you wrote:

  When walking with the lens on the body
>the camera would bump against my side and cause the mode switch to
>change.  I don't know how you carry long lenses on your cameras, but
>you may do so differently than I and therefore you would not have this
>problem.    If this had happened only one time I would have attributed
>it to bad luck, but it happened 4 times in the course of 3 hours
>shooting and I missed several nice frames because of this.
>
>As I also said before, when I am working in this manner in the future
>I am taping the mode selector in place so it will not change on me.  I
>just think it is silly to have to get a $2000.00 camera gooey with
>tape just to keep the mode set where you want it.
>Harrison McClary
>http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto

I agree, Harrison.  The exact same thing has happened to me so many times
that I have put the R8 up and only get it out for slow, deliberate,
close-up work.  Love those M's!!  Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>