Subject: Re: [Leica] M5/CL batteries
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 16:15:31 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 30-Apr-98 [Leica] Leica-Users List Di.. by
Listmgr@mejac.palo-alto.
> As far as I know the similar problem existes with the Leica CL. When I
> owned mine I took and had the meter recalibrated to be compatible with the
> newer and more readily available batteries.

But isn't this only part of the problem (nominal voltage difference)?
Alkaline voltage decreases with age/use, while the mercuries had very
steady voltage until rather 'sudden death'. So calibration with an
alkaline would only be valid at one point in its life-cycle.

Or is that more theoretical than real?

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh