Subject: [Leica] R8 lens-mounting difficulties?
From: "Christopher Hoover" <cdhoover@invitrogen.com>
Date: 04 May 98 12:07:07 -0700

         Reply to:   R8 lens-mounting difficulties?
Anyone find that mounting lenses on the R8 is trickier than earlier Rs?
I've been using Rs for over 6 years and recently mismounted my 60 on the
R8. It didn't bayonette properly. Both items needed to be sent to Leica. I
broke the diaphragm catch wiggling the lens off ($200 ouch!) and the R8
lens couplings were not working. Leica was quick to get them both back, but
now I'm extremely careful when switching lenses.

cdh
cdhoover@invitrogen.com