Subject: Re: [Leica] First M system choices...
From: "Joan & Ken Lee" <klphoto@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:22:17 -0400

Hi Isaac,

To state the obvious, there are differing opinions on this.  Two weeks ago,
I traded my M3 in on a M6HM. There were several reasons. I wear glasses,
and am "left eyed" so I found even the 50mm hard to see with the M3. I had
a 35mm Summaron with the eyes but found it awkward. I loved the M3 with 90
and 135mm (Hektor). My favorite portrait lens is the 75mm and the M3
doesn't have lines for it.  The meter was also a factor.
I also have a classic M6 so my most common setup now is classic M6 for 35 &
50, and HM for 75mm and above.  In a pinch, either camera will work in a 1
camera scenario which wasn't the case for me with the M3.

Ken