Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with Leica III (model F)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 10:31:21 +0200

Richard Urmonas wrote:
>My wife dragged me off to an inspection for a deceased estate auction.
>Among the items were several cameras and one of the appears to be a
>Leica III or model F.

- ---- snip

All the Leica III versions look rather similar.

The IIIa has 1/1000, distant and round rf and viewfinders at the rear,
and the rf diopter (?, word) adapter around the rf window.
The IIIb has 1/1000, close and D shaped and close rf and viewfinder at
the rear, and the rf diopter adapter below the rewind knob.
The III has 1/500, and 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/20 (no 1/15), distant and
round rf and viewfinders, and the rf diopter adapter around the rf
window.

Both, IIIc and IIIf, have close, and D shaped rf and viefinders (and
smoe other differences).

The Summar is nice, but almost unuseable if damaged. If you can't
extend it fully, the distance adjustment will be wrong.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm