Subject: Re: [Leica] IIf RD + Elmar red scale
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 08:25:35 +0200

>Today I was offered a
>Leica IIf, RD, s/n 679.860, 1953/54, complete with
>Elmar 3.5/50, red DOF scale, s/n 944.065, 1951
>for a total of DEM 680, about USD 380.

Marc, Ken, Noel, Tony:

Thanks for your replys. While I held that little beauty in my
hands, an English speaking gentleman, who was attracted by the same
camera, came near and showed his own IIf, BD (529-thousand-something).
The "DRP, Wetzlar ..." was permanently scratched away and blackened,
by US customs, as he explained. It was mounted with a 1.09-million
2/50 LTM coll. Summicron (without coating problems on the front
element). He said, that he had given his IIIg to his son, and
placed his family in a near cafe, while he prefered to visit the
shop and have a look for a 1.2/50 Noctilux or old 1.4/35 Summilux.
Although no LUG member, he was very friendly - so I showed to him
another shop (with lots of used Leica gear) on a map. Unfortunately,
he wanted to join his family after 30, 40 minutes instead to continue
talking Leica stuff :)

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm