Subject: [Leica] Rookie Question
From: "John H. Haugaard" <john@trinitytitle.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 20:49:10 -0400

After weeks of lurking on the LUG, and years of waiting, I bought a used =
M6 and 50 Summicron last week.  I working my up the learning curve of =
rangefinder use after decades of SLR 35 mm and med. format use.  But =
it's fun learning!

I bought the camera by mail order, and didn't/couldn't examine it prior =
to buying, so now I'm in the shakedown period to make sure it's a =
keeper.  There is one thing I'd like your advice/help on:  the inside of =
the glass on the front of the viewfinder is, for a lack of a better =
term, a bit dirty.  Not chunky, mind you, but there is a sort of =
mottled, hazy appearance to it.  I'm not sure how that would happen, and =
as far as I can tell, there is no appreciable affect on the clarity of =
the viewfinder.  But, I'm relying on a lifetime sample size of one in =
making that assessment. Should I be concerned?

This camera was not sold as mint or ex+, but rather as ex in quality, =
and I am willing to accept a camera in less than perfect condition.  But =
if this crosses the line from cosmetic to operational I want to be able =
to consider it wisely.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.  I look forward to being a =
LUG user rather than a LUG lurker.

John Haugaard
Decatur, Georgia