Subject: Re: [Leica] new M6 user questions
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:56:47 -0400

At 01:27 PM 21-05-98 -0400, don ferrario wrote:
>Hi - I'm a new M6 owner, and new to this list.
>
>The M6 I purchased was used, but only for
>3 months.  The base-plate protective sticker
>was still in the back of the instruction book,
>but when I removed it, it came along with
>some of the paper.  I suspect it had gotten
>hot in storage - no way to know how long it
>was on the dealers shelf.
>
>Can you buy those protective stickers separately?

The protective sticker comes on the baseplate of the camera when it is
bought new.  The previous owner must have removed it and placed it in the
instruction booklit.

>#2:  Does it seem strange that the 0.85 version
>of the M6 comes only in black?  I emailed to Leica,
>and they advised there is no plan to make a chrome
>version available.  Any comment on this?

They probably feel that the HM is a special purpose camera meant for
professionals, and traditionaly, black was always more popular among pros.

Dan C.