Subject: RE: [Leica] Fast M6 Focusing - Was Something Else!
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 23:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

On 23-May-98 Ted Grant wrote:
>snip
> We shall see which method works the best when the Ilford XP2 is processed
> over the weekend.  I think my method will illustrate I have a better way
> than grab banging images using the depth of field.  But then I've known to
> be wrong in the past! :)

Maybe I wasn't clear on my method, I do focus, I just don't make myself crazy
about making the double image line up perfectly, I little bit off is close
enough and this method should take care of any problems of not being able to
focus fast enough.  When I have time I will stand their and measure everythings
distance to optimize my use of depth of field.

btw, off topic, just saw "addicted to love" on cable and meg ryan had an M6,
in one of the scenes she is spying on somone with a long lens that had goggles,
wondering if anyone mangaged to identify that lens?

- --
Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>  ICQ# 11583837
http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/       23-May-9823:27:39
PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc