Subject: [Leica] Eric / Marvin / Tak & Leica Condoms
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 19:41:40 EDT

 I have been told many times by several Japanese camera buyers, including
 the well know & well adverised Mac Camera (Tak) that these Mint M3s are
 not put into collections in Japan but are USED by the Japanese people who
 seem to be more meticulous about fine mechanisms as very few Japanese
 would ever want to be caught dead with a beater Leica & as Eric has also
 said - There are probably more Mint M3s in Japan than in US & Germany.

 One thing that does seem a little funny to me is the use of Leica gadgets
 in Japan ie: Leica cuff-links, watches, tie clips, hand bags and condoms*
 in various focal length.  This would seem  to be the epitome of elitism.

 Marvin
 ** ;-)