Subject: Re: [Leica] Terribly Off-Topic: About some meaningless plant
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 19:27:57 +0100

B D Colen wrote:
>>But it is far more important as an American
>>to know what the Ford Rouge River Plant was and where it fits in the labor
>>history/social history/economic history of America than it is to know who
>>does or doesn't produce Leica glass.>>>>

Marc responded:
>I dissent, brother.  If it is important to Leica, pray, tell us about it.
>Otherwise, please hold your peace.

Marc,

I'm with you, as it seems Mr.Colen must have missed the point that the
Leica Users Group is about Leica cameras  and things relating to Leica,
whatever that might be. Not the history nor industrial development of the
Ford Motor Comany of the United States of America, not that I don't find
that interesting.

I don't mean to offend, but I'm sure if the Ford Motor Company had a Ford
Users Group as we have the LUG, there might well be many folks on the "FUG"
that  wouldn't give a whit of interest in the history of Wetzlar nor the
leica camera.

No offence intended to Mr. Colen in regard to some history of America our
great neighbour to the south, me being a Canadian, however I feel it needs
to be in another forum and not mixed with a bunch of Leica photo folks. :)

ted