Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Prints from slides OFF TOPIC
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 19:44:17 -0400

At 04:55 PM 06-06-98 -0700, m wrote:

>whatever, i stand corrected. i've yet to create a 10M scan that prints to
>8X10 though ! unless it's been compressed....

Just for the record, a 10 meg uncompressed bmp file will make a very
respectable 8x10 print on an Epson Photo printer (I've done it).  The
printing density works out to about 200 dpi, and this is enough to give an
8x10 print a photographic quality.  Not ideal, but it works.

Dan C.

ps.  I'm also sorry about the non-Leica content  ;-)