Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone wanna talk screw?
From: "Ernest Nitka" <eenitka@axess.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:17:56 -0400

>Why not a III screw-mount?  Well as compared to a P/S, I want
>to know what other users think.  What is the film loading like?  Is it a
>nightmare, or does one eventually get the hang of it?  Also I'll be wanting
>a 35mm lens for it.  What's the best one?  Speed isn't a huge feature for
>me, but it would be nice if it performs as well as the slower options.
>What about viewfinders?
>

> Thanks,

 James - I was reminded this weekend how fun it is to go out with just
my IIIf and collapsible 50 S'cron and take pictures. It is small, relatively
quiet.
I have the most fun going to antique shows getting pics of stuff ( junk)
juxtaposed
with other junk ( stuff) - it's a hoot to be using an antique and knowing
that I'll have
some great shots.  In fact when I got home I was looking over my contact
sheets
to decide which BW shot to enter into the Kodak (KINSA) contest and some of
my favorite shots were done with the IIIf.  Now if I only figure out how to
change the
product label on all my Ilford Film to read Kodak ! :)  Oh before i forget
the film loading
isn't too bad - I made a cardboard template to cut the leader back - would
like to get
a real metal one ( ALBON I think - any out there have one to see for less
than my
mortgage payment) - for longer expeditions you would of course pre-cut
several
rolls of film.  I must be honest that I have stayed away from Slide films
because of
the exacting nature of exposure preferring to go with XP-2 or one of the
color print
films that would give me a printable picture if the exposure is off - I use
a little Gosen Pilot 2
that I take out periodically during the shoot to keep me close on the
exposure.

Good Luck   Ernie