Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital vs. Still (was S1)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:11:15 -0500

At 02:00 AM 6/25/98 -0400, you wrote:

>So much for the magic moment.  Hell, you couldn't miss!  What then of these
>photojournalist awards for best picture?  Wasn't there a post (story) here
>recently where a judge through out all photo entrants because they obviously
>used motor drives?

I guess it will depend on how we shoot. I'm sure a still photographer will
shoot video different than a video photographer would. Whether that's good
or bad I'm not going to say. :-)

>On the technology of "video good enough for stills," I've always wondered
>about this; being able to print the picture I freeze on the VCR.

Stick to your Leicas, keep them alive! That's what I plan to do. My
employer can pony up for the video junk.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Always be on the lookout for conspicuousness (or, It's hard to tell if
someone is inconspicuous).