Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and 15 year old technology
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:59:31 EDT

LUG:

These posts have been interesting.

I've heard the advice "master the technical/mechanical side of your equipment
and shoot in order to direct all mental energy toward the picture."  I doubt
any of us would disagree with this.  HCB has been quoted saying that he liked
the Leica because it was simple and he didn't have to "think to much."  This
philosophy applies to any camera, from the M6, F5, to a field camera, etc.  It
depends on who is using it.

Most of the great photographs we discuss are about the composition, the "magic
moment" that was captured.  We seldom extol on the virtues of sharpness or
bokeh when HCB and other greats are the subject matter.

The Photographer's ability to see is one thing, user-interface is another.
How you develop that relationship as a photographer is crucial and very
personal.  Without trying out different camera systems, your current equipment
(whether it be an M6 or F5) could be holding you back from great images...and
you wouldn't know it!

M2C
Arturo