Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron or Summilux
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 12:30:28 -0700

Ben Tuason wrote:

> Rather than keep the Noctilux and get a Summicron, I'm inclined to sell
> the Noctilux and get a Summilux instead.  I'm trying to arrive at a
> one-lens kit.

then put your credit card away, stop thinking so much, and use that
noctilux.(imho). if i had only one lens and one camera it would be the
m6 & noctilux combo.

i've stuck up for the auto cameras in the recent onslaught of manual
is best....but i'd chuck it all away if i was in an either-or situation.
the noctilux lens is a "reason to buy" an m6 for me.

when i find myself in the situation you are in, where no clear path
seems to call me, i get busy and allow the decision more time to forment.
in the meantime you already have one of the most marvelous lenses available
to use and explore.

??

mark