Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera or development fault?
From: "Jeff Alford" <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 18:44:06 -0700

Martin,

Our in-store lab does not process XP-2 at all! We experienced some rather
odd marks on the film, they are more noticeable in evenly exposed areas
(i.e. sky areas, etc.) This occurrence would only happen on XP-2. We
contacted Ilford on this matter and they responded that some film dryers do
not get hot enough and leave "differential drying marks." Ilford also states
it is caused by the special film base they use. We could not adjust the
dryer without causing problems with the regular color negative film. These
may be the same strange marks you describe. We have not seen this problem
Kodak's T400CN.

Jeff Alford