Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica List
From: phong@doan-ltd.com (phong)
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:59:17 +0000

"David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net> said NO to Igor's list of equipment for
sale,
and Don B. said ok.  This is what I say.

Much as I am interested in Leica equipment, I prefer that dealers, professional
or not, regardless of their honesty and integrity, regardless of their
geographic
locations, NOT post their inventories and long lists of equipment here and
on the
rec.photo.* newsgroups.  Please use a web site.  Tamarkin does it, so do Don
Chatterton, Stephen Gandy and others to great effect.

In my opinion, experienced Leica dealers know much more about the equipment
than any other Leica group, except perhaps repair people (and Tom
Abrahamsson).
People with experience should be heard from, and not be put in kill files.

For this, I must thank all the dealers on the LUG who keep their sales
profile low; several of you contribute to the list with your professional and
expert opinions, give out product and pricing information, while risking your
reputation in a public forum.  I much appreciate your contribution and gift of
time.

- - Phong

P.S.  Tom A. of course, is a Leica category all by himself.  Not only does
he know
Leica products, he makes them better.  And he practices net etiquette, which
is what this post is about.