Subject: RE: [Leica] New M6
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:09:52 -0400

First, the folding of the film leader for
better holding. Do you bend it across the width or parallel with the
length?

If you feel compelled to bend it, bend it across the width - but as shocked
as I am to discover this, the folks who have said "just shove it in there
and shoot away" are right!

Second, I notice some flaring in the rangefinder square when
focusing on a subject in a dark area adjacent to a light area or an area
with a light source. Any modifications (i.e. tape) recommended?

Tape? Yes, place a square of black electrical tape over the Red Dot - that
is guaranteed to eliminate any problems you may have with the M6 :)
(To seriously answer the question, that's a quirk of the rangefinder.)

Other
tips are appreciated. As I age I tend to forget things so bear with me.
:-)

Carl S.