Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Film/Toronto Leica Dealers
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:17:18 -0800

>> All the above comments about Velvia apply to some degree to all of Fuji's
>> 100 speed films, except that Astia has especially nice skin tones. For
>> travel I would pick Sensia, as I do not prefer either Provia or Astia for
>> that purpose.

How much Astia have you used? I shot about 30 rolls of it on a trip and
found it to have much better shadow separation than Velvia and much more
attractive tonality. It differs in more ways than just skin tones. I've
liked Kodachrome 25 the times that I've used it, but with two stops more
speed I find Astia a better travel film. Also, I've had beautiful results
with Ilfochrome prints from Astia.

Since Sensia is Provia without the control on film age, are you choosing
Sensia for economic reasons?

- -Charlie

             Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Department
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074

         mailto:cdunlap@es.ucsc.edu