Subject: Re: [Leica] reliability statistics
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:00:19 +0100

Charlie wrote:

<<<Here it goes again. Anytime someone suggests that Leica has a quality
control problem the accuser is skewered.>>>>>

Aw com'n Charlie,

we're not giving you a hard time, certainly not me, as I'm the first to be
completely pissed off if I get a very high priced lens or body from Leica
and it doesn't work!

I start off being nice and understanding with them. However, if I get a
cock-a-mamy answer from them or any company when I've put out a great deal
of hard earned money for a supposedly the "best in the world quality!"
Thats when the deep doo-doo hits the fan and I wont accept some crock story
about repair.....    I don't ever want to see it again....send new!

You actually have my sympathy having to put up with the inconvenience and
hassle, let alone not being able to go out and shoot when you have the itch
to do so.

I believe there is some Q/C concern for Solms, but then I'm sure they are
aware of it, if nothing else they have read about those on the LUG who have
had problems. But as many companies production numbers go up, unfortunately
so does some of the production quality control numbers.  Shouldn't be that
way, but it seems it does, as we are all human beings and there is always
the human error factor.

I don't suppose this makes you feel any better, but I'm not on your case,
I'm with you.

ted