Subject: Re: [Leica] reliability statistics
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:00:25 -0800

>So, all in all, I am quite surprised when some users seem to concentrate
>on their heads bad sample over bad sample. Maybe their bad luck
>statistically entails my good fortunes. Maybe some "horror stories"
>partly derive from fantasy. And maybe some come from an over obsessional
>quest for systematic perfection.

Here it goes again. Anytime someone suggests that Leica has a quality
control problem the accuser is skewered. I would much rather be using the
equipment than sending it back to Leica. But the problems are not in my
head. When Leica decides to give me an entirely new body instead of
spending the time to fix the one I send in then it's a clue that something
was actually wrong. Again, if you have something to add to the thread,
that's fine, but don't expect me sit around quietly while you suggest I'm
operating under the delusions of "fantasy".

- -Charlie

             Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Department
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074

         mailto:cdunlap@es.ucsc.edu