Subject: Re: [Leica] light meters
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:26:17 -0400

When I'm shooting my IIIf or IIf, the meter that is used the most is an old
Zeiss Ikophot. It is a selenium meter with an incident attachment that is
reasonably sensitive for a selenium meter, small and easy to use. They can
be bought for about $25 with case at swap meets.

If I need low light sensitivity I take the larger but more sensitive
Metrastar. It is a narrow angle meter (about equal to a 135mm lens on a 35
camera) and has a handy reflex viewer that shows the field of measurment.
These can be had for $60 or less (sometimes a lot less) at swap meets. (It
does use a Hg battery. This may be a problem in some places)

Cheers!

kw

>Hello--
>
>Any advice out there for a small, cheap, pocketable light meter?  I'm not
>confident enough of my estimating abilities to go without, but I like to shoot
>with unmetered screw-mounts and M's.
>
>Thanks--
>
>dick gladden

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>