Subject: Re: [Leica] light meters
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:07:39 -0400

Which is one reason that I have no desire for a digital meter. The face of
the analog meter serves as a calculator, much like an analog watch face
does. The "null meter" Gossen types are even better for this, especially
with flash lighting ratios to calculate.

Cheers!

kw

>At 11 Jul 1998 10:10:12 EDT, dick gladden <Bcde210@aol.com> wrote:
>

> - Does there exist a meter which has an `aperture-preferred' mode?  I often
>   have an aperture in mind and would like the meter just to tell me what
>   shutter speed is appropriate, but with this meter one has to take a
>   reading then either do some mental arithmetic or click shutter speeds
>up or
>   down.
>
>   Clearly this particular phenomenon is not a concern with a good ol' analog
>   meter...
>
> -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>