Subject: Re: [Leica] quality control
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:07:05 EDT

<< >I spent $15 on shipping and insurance. I'll spend another $15 sending it
 >back, plus the value of my time, which makes the $15 look cheap. Call it
 >$75 I'm going to spend to do the job Leica should have done at QC.   >>

Hopefully this is not really an issue in the legal realm, but for your general
knowledge... Under the Uniform Commercial Code the seller is responsible for
the damages (shipping return costs) resulting from defective goods.  (Leica in
turn must reimburse the dealer).  This is different from if you returned the
lens simply because you changed your mind.

More substantively, do be too discouraged.  I have had to return some
defective Leica lenses and bodies.  However, the good stuff makes up for the
bad.  The good is really, really good.  It is an imperfect universe and Leica
is imperfect.  This does not excuse them (for the price, you deserve better),
but it is the reality that we must accept until they improve their quality
control.