Subject: Re: [Leica] Capa was no coward!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:46:59 -0400

Marc,
I supposed we don't understand the pressure of getting film under the
deadline, as someone involved in editing might! I am sure that he was back
into the fray as soon as was expedient, which was after he delivered what he
was sent to get!
 I recently read in an issue of Smithsonian that the famous photo of the
Spanish soldier as he is hit was an actual battle photo- the soldier was
wearing a cartridge case that was particular to that one unit, and that a
fellow in the soldier's unit identified him as the unit came from the same
village. There was a brief discussion of the contact sheet, but I don't
remember where they said it was....
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com