Subject: RE: [Leica] Capa was no coward!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:30:35 -0500

At 05:40 PM 7/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
ing
>and physically appalling conditions. A photographer's decision to return to
>a ship after 30 minutes of shooting, or 30 seconds for that matter, might be
>viewed as an act of sanity, rather than as an act of cowardice.

I don't think he meant that. No one could blame anyone for getting out if
the opportunity was there. It took immense courage to stay there as long as
he did. No one is obligated to die for a picture.

Though I got my Requiem book the other day. My, is that one wonderful book.
It, and Saving Private Ryan makes me thankful for my birth being one year
too late for the draft!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO