Subject: RE: [Leica] Capa was no coward!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:14:25 -0400

I beg to differ.  Disfromage@aol.com wrote:

>I've read that Capa only stayed 90 minutes before fear took over and he went
>back to the ships.  Imagine the poor GI's who didn't have that choice!

This is a direct imputation that Capa was a coward.  He was not.  He
returned to his ship NOT from fear or horror but to complete his task,
which was to send the film back to England.  The accusation of cowardice is
a canard, and a vile and base one, at that.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!