Subject: Re: [Leica] two cents x 2 = four cents
From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:25:17 +0000

The small flash-gun I use is the baby Metz 20 BC6. While it is no match
for the bigger Metz flashguns, it is supremely well made for the money
(it cost me about £30 in the UK a couple of years ago) and with the
optional extention cable is is great for fill-flash. There is not much
power output, but does have a rudimentary automatic setting (f/5.6 @
ISO 100 at about 10 feet away). It is also about the size of (and not
much heavier than) a packet of cigarettes.
In fairness, I so rarely use a flash-gun (it's not really part of the
Leica M ethos, is it?), that the Metz sees little action. But, I can
still say that the only real limitations of the 20 BC6 is the fact that
it uses three AA batteries (two or four would be more bubble-pack
friendly) and that the synch lead is not commonly available. Otherwise,
it's about the best parnter for any leica M camera.