Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Stores in Quebec City
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:17:24 -0500

>Howdy - any suggestions about good camera store(s) to see when
>in Quebec city?
>
>Ernie Nitka

Hi Ernie,
If you are looking for a camera store while visiting Quebec City, I would
suggest you visit Henri Leclerc Camera, 4151 Ste.Anne Blvd. in Montmorency.
Phone no. is (418) 661-6983.
There is not that many camera store in Quebec City, although this is
probably the most photogenic city in North America.
Leclerc Camera store is not in the city by the way. It is 3 or 4 miles from
the old town, on the way to Ile d'Orleans (Orleans island) a few steps from
Montmorency Falls.
I would recommend you to visit Orleans Island if you have never been there.
It is a short drive from Quebec and worth it. You take the road that
circles it and you will go thru villages that have been there since the 17
century. Some of the houses and churches are from that period and are a
photographer's dream.
Now about Leclerc camera store, I was there last March and saw some Leica
equipment (new & used) also Contax (quite a few), Mamiya, Hasselblad etc...
If you are coming from the States, prepare yourself for real bargains. You
can get presently $1.50 canadian for every $1.US.

If you want, I could give you some more info on Quebec City (things to see,
restaurants etc...) Tell me when you are going and what you are interested
in.

I usually go there every year for pleasure and business and know a bit
about this wonderfull town.

Regards,

Jacques Leonard,
designer