Subject: [Leica] Minilux zoom vs Z2X
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 00:30:42

I was looking at the leaflet for the Z2X and I just realised- the
specification is very similar to the Minilux Zoom. Both have program
exposure only, both have a 35-70 Vario Elmar, and both have +/- 2 stops
exposure compensation, a "B" setting and provision for remote electric
release. The Minilux Zomm also has, as far as I can see, manual scale
focusing, and a slightly faster lens, and the ability to use an external
flash, but nothing that puts it in the "Minilux class" for me, like
aperture priority exposure. Strange spec, in a way. Now if it only had
aperture priority exposure, I would be interested. Am I missing something
important?

Joe Berenbaum