Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: update
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:38:28 -0500

David Medley wrote, re: Georgette Oden:

> I have posted some of the notes from Georgette Oden to the LUG as I know
> several of you have expressed interest in her travels to Portadown in
> Northern Ireland. Well, the world will need to get along with one less
> lawyer for awhile longer as she has decided to take a crack at the real
> world of photojournalism and suspend her law studies for...........who
> knows.............maybe forever.

As a lawyer who finally got out after a quarter century with a large
midwestern (USA) law firm, I applaud Georgette's decision to (at least)
defer further law studies.  The world has plenty of lawyers, more than
half of whom (I believe I read somewhere) are in the US alone. One more
wouldn't be likely to help much. Please, no lawyer flames.

And I'm green (I know, N. Ireland is orange) with envy of her
opportunity to photograph there, as it's been more than 20 years since
we visited some very good friends (and extremely distant kin) and over
three weeks averaged a roll of Kodachrome and Agfapan a day through an
M3 and M5 while travelling the length and breadth of the country.
Someday . . .

Cheers,
Kip Babington