Subject: Re: [Leica] Why we use Leica (was potential image quality)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 07:35:10 -0500

At 08:09 PM 8/2/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Plus, staff jobs mean supplied equipment.  I heard LA Times switched to
>Canon based on pricing, period.  Probably same bean counters in charge
>of editorial content acquisition.  The Canon rep in LA is really
>wonderful, always everywhere, supportive of PJ and so on.  She's even
>nice to me.  Is there a Nikon rep in LA?  Who knows?

They have their West Coast office in LA. (NPS, etc.)

As for staffer jobs, not that many papers supply their cameras. Bigger
papers do, but there aren't that many of tem. Now that digital is taking
over, papers will have to do it, because there is no way a staff
photographer at most newspapers can afford $30,000 to $50,000 worth of
equipment.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.