Subject: Re: [Leica] Currency exchange rates: was Glass of water ...
From: "Jeff Alford" <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 07:58:20 -0700

Whoa,

August 1st Nikon USA reduced the prices on a variety of cameras and lenses
and you should see these new prices by now. Nikon, Canon and Minolta have
opted for rebates instead of price adjustments. Leica has also adjusted some
of its prices (back in May I believe) after the rebates expired.

IMHO the companies have held off on lowering prices to help make up for the
lost profits of the last couple of years and offset loses in the far east.

Jeff Alford