Subject: [Leica] Re: Slide Scanners
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:40:00 +0200

On 05-08-1998 17:37 Francesco Sanfilippo wrote:

>Why is it that all the negative points you raise about the Polaroid
>35 Plus have nothing to do with image quality?  Who cares where
>the power button is or if you can turn the darn thing on its side or
>not?

Francesco,

I agree with you that the image quality of the Polaroid 35 Plus looks
very fine indeed. It came out second only to Nikon's Super Coolscan
LS-1000 in the mentioned MacUser test report. The test was not, however,
limited to image quality (although I agree that this should be the
primary issue under consideration), but also included practical things.
Unlike you, I cannot speak out of experience, since I have never used a
slide scanner :-)
If one looks at the results obtained at your Five Senses webpage, than
one can only conclude that the Polaroid scanner is excellent indeed (at
least I take it that you made the scans with this slide scanner).
It is good to hear from people with experience like you, because tests do
not tell all.
Greetings,

Pascal