Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Photography
From: "Ernest Nitka" <eenitka@axess.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 12:36:44 -0400

>I would be very interested in creating a mailing list group of Leicaphiles
>who are interested in discussing _photography_ with the Leica - as
>distinctly different and separate from Leica _cameras_ as is discusssed in
>LUG

Curt - I would be interested in such a group.  While photography discussions
do take place on the LUG they are often seen as OFF TOPIC. And not that Curt
needs defending or defining I know Curt has been on the LUG at least as long
as I have ( 1-2 years more or less).  I should also say that I know Curt
from a fun afternoon in Albany where I purchased an M4 from him - which is
still my prized camera.  Curt I still don't know how you end up meeting so
many interesting people and have always enjoyed hearing your thoughts on
photography.  Back to the topic ( sorry ) - I think the main question is
whether or not there already exist a forum for this type of discussion or
does one need to be created?  I certainly don't think newsgroup is the way
to go.  Using LUG might be OK but others may feel that the discussion is off
topic.  I also think that drawing from a group of internet friends that
compose the LUG is the way to form the nidus of a discussion group - I would
suspect the group would have a high % of all around good people.

OFF TOPIC :  Curt I'm driving my family nuts trying to decide on what to
take to Quebec City on Vacation - do I take my CLE and hope it doesn't break
or a recently acquired Contax Aria SLR.  Alex my son who you met in 1996
brings me to reality when he says - "Dad why don't you concentrate on the
photo and not the equipment?"  Don't ask about my ruminations about which
film(s) to bring.

OK I'll stop babbling.

Ernie Nitka