Subject: Re: [Leica]2x extender R disappointment
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:41:38 +0200

You wrote :
>I'm not an optical engineer either, but have 6 years of University
Physics,including a number of courses in optics. I do understand some of
this stuff. The resolution is not halved by 2x extenders. Way too many
other factors come into play for such a simplistic analysis.
>   *            Henning J. Wulff
>  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
> /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com
> |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com

Henning,

How do you explain with the laws of optics that a 2X-converter behind, say,
a 2/180, gives an optical system with an aperture of 1:4 ? If Osterloh was
right, we shouldn't have that result.
Dominique