Subject: AW: [Leica] M6 0.75 v. M6 0.85
From: Hotline Digital Imaging <hotline.DI@leica-camera.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 20:11:53 +0200

James,

if you consider using an 135 mm lens, the 0.85 version is a big =
advantage.=20
The 0.85 rangefinder is perfect for tele lenses. The price for the =
larger=20
image is the loss of the 28 mm frame. If you prefer to work with shorter =

focal lenses and will probably use an 28 mm lens the 0.7 version is the=20
right one.

best regards

Bernd Stummeyer

| -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
| Von:	James Harper [SMTP:DRJH@btinternet.com]
| Gesendet am:	Samstag, 8. August 1998 14:33
| An:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
| Betreff:	[Leica] M6 0.75 v. M6 0.85
|
| I am considering returning after 10 years to Leica rangefinders.  I =
have
| read the literature on the differences between the above.  Can anyone
| kindly comment on their experience of the  advantages of the larger
| viewfinder of the 0.85 version?   It sounds exciting, but entails not
| having the 28mm frame, which might be important  - I do not know =
whether=20