Subject: [Leica] Using the original Leicaflex
From: "Jim Cheatham" <jcheatham@lex.lib.sc.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:16:34 -0400

I am about to purchase a Leicaflex outfit (circa 1965).  How difficult
is it to use?  I understand (from the Matanle "Collecting & Using
Classic SLR's") that the focusing is difficult.  How well does the light
meter work on this non-TTL version?

I usually take landscapes, almost never "moving" objects.  I do wear
glasses but don't when I'm "shooting".  I seem to focus the M-3 fine.
Should I wait for an SL version?  I like the manual focusing, etc. but
don't want to make a mistake.

Any words of advice would be appreciated - FAST.  Thanks - Jim Cheatham