Subject: Re: [Leica] (Off Topic) B&W paper recommendation please
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:46:16 +0000

Robert,

Do you know the name of the Kodak paper? Was it Ektalure, or something a bit
more "normal"?

As for recommendations I like the Agfa Multicontrast Classic a lot. It has a
slightly creamy base and a warm to neutral tone (depending on the developer).
It is a very pretty paper. Another nice paper, with both neutral and warm tone
versions is the Lotus/Bergger paper from France. Here in Europe, you can get
it from Lotus View Camera in Austria. I am not sure who dstributes it in the
US, but you should check out their web site (www.lotusviewcamera.at). The main
thing I don't like about this paper is that it is three stops or so slower
than the Agfa. This can get really annoying... But has a really rich tone and
tones VERY well.

Hope this helps.

Keith Bingman