Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm Tele-Elmarit (1984)
From: ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:08:00 +0000

I once had a Tele-Elmarit and it did indeed have this problem. There was
a small series of pits in the rear element, easily visible once they
showed up (though I didn't notice them when I bought it...!). It was
always an adequate lens, but never more, even after I had the element in
question replaced. I would spring for the new Elmarit or a Summicron. I
have the Elmarit now and would never trade back. It is a very satisfying
lens.

Keith Bingman