Subject: Re: [Leica] Bottle Opener?/flame war ;-)
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:50:31 -0400

Bill,
EGADS man! Have I been using the wrong end!?
I have always used the pointy end, and used it on the end of the cartridge
where the spool sticks out the most to get extra leverage! I am humbled!
I also have about 6 squillion (a bunch!) of snap caps I've saved over the
years- they make spooling one's own film much easier!
Incidentally- I used to get the Agfa film because the snap caps had a groove
that kept them from popping off, but were easy to remove when you wanted
them off.... I sure would like to find a source of those again. The Kodak
type, as are the 3M cassettes, are a bit hard to pop off sometimes!
Though they are easier than the Leica ( on topic!) cassette- I have two of
those and use them on my display shelf!
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com