Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncomfirmed Leica M7 Specs
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:46:07 -0400

If the purported M7, that is alleged to be unveild at Photokina has an
electronic shutter, I would be willing to bet the house that the M6HM is not
dead, but will be made alongside the M7 much as the R6.2 is now. I cannot
see Leica totally giving up on a mechanical shutter, honed to near
perfection ( let's face it- all the complaints I see are with knobs and
winders falling off, RF off, or the lens is tight- I have heard very few
complaints about the shutter!). It's like the old saw- if it ain't broke,
don't fix it.
I can see where they might add the electronic shutter to the line to give
TTL at, say 1/250, in order to broaden the user base. I can't see the demise
of our beloved mechanical FP shutter!
Sitting with fingers crossed in anticipation,
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com