Subject: [Leica] Unconfirmed M7 Specs, cont
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:07:06 +0900

Sorry, my last message on this jumped out of my outbox unfinished.
The only thing lest to add was that an increase in body size would be
my main concern.  As long as there's a manual exposure option, having
the AE could be handy.  It would be nice if the electronic shutter
allowed for at least a few manually-timed shutter speeds should the
battery die.  But if the M does grow even just a bit larger, it's got
to feel right.  The Begin article called the new size somewhere
between on M6 and an M5, and there are some LUGgers who like the size
of their M5s...

Personally, I think any size increase would indicate Leica's
seriousness about eliminating the Tom A. RapidWinder threat.  Word is
that lost M-Winder revenue, not the Asian economic crisis, is Leica's
main revenue worry right now.  We'll have to see how quickly tom can
tool up for the new body......  :-}=20

No way for me to tell how accurate any of the Begin info might be, and
I don't buy/read Begin regularly enough to know if it has a reputation
for accuracy or not.  Either way, we'll know in less than a month.

Regards,

PB=20

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan