Subject: Re: COPY: Re: [Leica] Leica lens still superior???
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:48:12 -0500

At 11:52 AM 8/22/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Leica makes.  It also has an excellent reputation.  The 85/1.8, 105/2.5 and
>180/2.8 are also considered among Nikon's best.  The AF versions are of
>equal quality.

I thought the 85 1.4 AF was supposed to be better than the MF version. No?

As great as it is (I had the earlier version) it can't be called "equal"
with Leica's 80 1.4, or 75 1.4. I just shots some stuff with my 75 Summilux
in incredibly horrible situations. Though not esthetically exciting
pictures (since I was just testing its limits), it was superb performance.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Nix illegitimi carborundum ( Don't let the bastards grind you down)