Subject: RE: [Leica] lens evaluations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:11:44 -0500

At 03:17 PM 8/23/98 +0200, you wrote:

>agree through my own fragmental and empiric experience, I must add that it
>seems unfortunately a temptation for some of the most vocal Leica fans on
>the Net to issue such general statements, imposing on the reader the point
>of view that the red dot brand hardly ever produces anything less than
>perfection, in particular in the optical field. There really is a tendency

This is likely some hyperbole, but it seems to me that any time someone
disagrees with someone else about some point, if the person doesn't like
it, they accuse the other of trying to impose their belief on someone else.
This happens in religion, politics, family relations and photo circles,
among many others.

No one here is trying to impose their belief on anyone else. Yet they often
get this thrown in their face. We don't toe the line (I was going to say
politically correct line, but I won't because that is hyperbole) of
generally accepted "fact" and we are all of a sudden taking part in a
jihad. Sorry, it doesn't wash. People need to be free to express their
opinions regardless of what others say or believe with out denigration. It
goes both ways, Alan.

 Otherwise, this list is useless and we might as well go out and take
pictures...which...isn't...such...a...bad...idea...
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed