Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 speculation
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:12:00 +0000

Yes,
switchable magnification would be nice, something that the LUG hasn't
contemplated in this last month or two. Perhaps it could offer
21/24/28/35 and then 50/75/90/135 settings?
Canon seemed to have sorted this back in the 50s with their VT model,
switchable fields for 35, 50 and 135 (or was it 100?).
Of course their magnification was 1:1 on the 50mm setting in the Canon 7
to, if you like big finders it's available already on the s/h market...

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Koln, I've managed to find
accomodation 5 mins walk away from the Messe Hall so I can spend plenty
of time there! I'll arrive on Friday (midday-ish) and leave Sunday
afternoon. I'll attach a 'LUG' sign to my badge, so you'll know to avoid
me or say 'hello', depending on your preference...

regards,

Jem